Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crash course of the last two weeks:

My job ended: It was only a summer fling and as sad and hard to come to terms with the fact is, it's over. I'm in the market for a new one, and have applied for a few places, one which looks quite promising. Hope with me!

The gas station lied to me: They took my 20 dollars, told me that the gas had been pumped and then let me drive off. In fact, they had not pumped any gas in my car and I drove on any empty tank to a business meeting. My cars old, so the gas gage doesn't always move right away; it wasn't until later than evening I realized that I had been cheated. Needless to say, I went back to the guilty party and demanded either 20 bucks or gas. It took four days, but I just got word that I'm getting a check in the mail. Ha! Victory is mine.

Saw The Phantom of the Opera [off-Broadway]... twice: The first time I was a lucky bastard and got to be in front row center. It was amazing. Though, I prefer Mr. Butler to the man who was playing the Phantom, I did like the cast of the play better than the film version. The second time, I was six rows back, but I was with Lover, so it was better. Aside from all the death and psychopathy, it is really a very romantic play.

Spent a lazy day in bed: Actually, it was a lazy couple of hours, but it had been a few weeks since Lover and I had done it, so between the hours of noon and two we were in bed. And, we all know how lazy days in bed generally start out... My favorite part of the afternoon was when, after going for a drink of water, I came back to the room to discover a large bundle of comforter that looked oddly like a human shape. Upon closer inspection, the cocoon opened up and Lover pulled me under, instructing me that we were to be caterpillars. It was a very cozy little cocoon. ♥

Had a badminton tournament: Lover and I were the Majestic Unicorns and our first match was against the Fighting Pandas (very dear friends of ours). At first we were leading, 8-1, but suddenly and unexpectedly, the score became 9-12. We lost when they managed to grab those last three points (we were playing to 15). Regardless, it was a fun game, and I even managed to nearly fall on my face once or twice when I put too much pitch forward and failed to hit the birdie.

No comments: