Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why does the lesser sex have to be so...

Oblivious?
Frustrating?
Annoying?
Laid back?
Maddening?
Undeniable?

Take your pick of any of the words up above; you can even fill in your own! As much as we all love our men, they sure can be annoying. They sure can be...

Let us look at one example: Lover.

Now, naturally I'm going to think a lot more of him than other people, but I'm not stretching the truth at all when I say that he is beautiful, smart, and has an amazing body. I know it, other people know it... why doesn't he?

It has past the line of being modest and has crossed right into oblivion. Plain and simple; he just doesn't get it.

First, let me say that I'm not the jealous type. Granted I do get bit by the green bug every now and again, but it's not an overwhelming factor in my relationship; in fact, I like it when people notice that I have an attractive boyfriend... Just so long as they realize that I have an attractive boyfriend. Which means he's off limits. You see what I'm saying?

It annoys me to no end when women throw themselves at him because he's attractive and off the market. And what makes me even madder is the fact that he just doesn't get it. He doesn't seem to understand the appeal he has for other women and he never notices the way they strip him with their eyes.

I'm not worried that he's going to cheat on me because I know he loves me to death and, besides, he's just not that type of guy. As well, I'm not jealous of these women. I'm mad. Flirting is one thing when you think a guy is single and then backing off when you're corrected; flirting because a guy isn't single and then playing innocent when the girl comes around is not.

Sadly, I know a few girls who only try and attract a male when they know he is taken. In fact, one has even ruined a handful of relationships with her touchy-feely-I-wanna-be-more-than-friends attitude. Naturally, I also understand the fact that some of the blame is to be put on the men for allowing the issue to get to the point where the girlfriend feels a line has been crossed and needs to end the relationship.

As a girl, naturally I don't find myself all that attractive, but I'm not all that bad. I've got some killer points. I'm also rumored to be a Vampire; that's sexy right? What I mean to say is this: I'm not so disgustingly unattractive that these girls would think I'm not good enough for him. And the majority of the girls aren't even attractive themselves. Just because they are easy, that doesn't mean anyone wants them!

The thing is, Lover just doesn't get it. He is polite to the point of nausea, and he just really doesn't pick up on the clues. I've tried to talk to him about it, but because he doesn't see it, he just tells me that I'm worrying too much and need to relax.

He's not cheating on me and I wouldn't dream of saying that, but I kind of need help with getting him to notice and let him know how much it bothers me when this happens. I want him to be rude to them, because I'm tried of going behind his back to make the women back off [I threatened to... harm... one particular hellish-cat's overly made-up face, and I haven't seen tail nor hide of her!]. Lord knows I've used the mouth of a sailor and enough violent threats and actions to send me to hell first-class on all the guys who refuse to leave me alone, and it's worked charms! My boy is pleased with this fact, and has even complimented me on my tactics. Why can't he do it, too?!

I would love to hear stories of your own and some answers on how I can get him to be less oblivious.

2 comments:

Who the 7734 am I? said...

Hmm wish I knew him then I could probably offer some insight. But reading what you wrote it sounds like he really is just a nice guy and isn't going to be an ass to anybody.
My husband has told me that I am oblivious and I really was (lif changes made me see myself differently). I didn't find myself attractive therefore I didn't think that anybody was flirting with me. They were just being nice.
My husband on the other hand was a big ol' hooch-daddy. He knew flirting and he encouraged it - he flirted AND flirted back. When all of that was going on, I had little or no back bone so I never did address it.
Sister - I am afraid you are Upshit Creek as the case may be. See, I have to address this from his point of view becuase I relate more to his side of it (as described) and I do apologize for having to be on his side :)
Two things - he is a nice guy so he isn't going to be a jerk to the skanks
AND
He knows he is going to be faithful to you so he isn't worried and doesn't know why you are.
Just my thoughts on it, though.
NOW that I DO have a backbone, well....I am much hotter than my husband now (LOL Sorry but I lost 75 pounds and he has aged a lot more than me - damn hoochy daddy), but from time to time I have had to set somebody straight and I did it loudly, in front of him and used the language of a 6 year old :) to do it. I found after several of these scenes he quickly removed himself from the situation in order to avoid the shame. That's just how we (use) to be.
And finally.........there is always the bail money option. Start kicking ass and you will not have to talk to too many more females.
We girls/women/females are vicious vicious creatures. Especially when it comes to men folk. My cousin and I grew up like sisters - tight. Well many years ago it came to my attention that she and my husband were doing the nasty, if you will. I told her about it, I told him about it. She was deeply hurt that I would even SAY that and said that she wouldn't talk to me again until I apologized for saying such a thing. 10 years later - we have spoke to each other twice. And get this, she ran off with her sisters husband last year. Yeah - read it again - that's what it said. She and her sister's husband ran off and are now married. For some reason, I am glad I never apologized.

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend gets upset too when gaggles of attractive women throng around me as soon as we walk into a club. I'm like catnip for coeds. Sexy catnip.

I'm polite but firm with these girls. "Ladies, ladies, quiet down... I'm an old fashioned guy... Only one of you will be able to go home with my girlfriend and me. The rest of you have to go."