Sunday, August 17, 2008

Is it bad when...

I feel the heat sucking my soul from my body? Because I think that's happening to me.

This is [City] Oregon, which means we should not be having heat like this. Our summers are suppose to be hot, but bearable so! The whether is not, by any means, suppose to be in the triple digits. Last night, at seven o'clock, it was 105 degrees. Oh yes, the sun was down and still the heat was coming for me.

Now, I know that a lot of people see worse heat than this and bear it, but I would like to remind you all that 98% of the people who know me think I'm a Vampire for very good reasons:

One, I'm wonderfully pale. Snow White doesn't have shit on me. It's not that I can't tan, because I can. Rather, I very much dislike it. My skin is all natural and skin-cancer free. Not many people can say that.

Two, I don't eat in front of many people. Even those who have seen me eat think I'm still a blood sucker. I do eat a lot, though no one believes me. In fact just the other day my lover told me I could always suck his blood if denying my blood lust got to be too much of a hassle. He would still love me all the same.

And three, I can't stand the heat. If you think I'm joking or exaggerating, you are sorely mistaken! When I go out in the sun, I don't burn; oh no, that would make too much sense. First, my body starts to ache all over, especially deep in the muscles. I get these painful hot flashes that sweep through my entire body and makes it so it hurt to breathe. And then finally, like a bad move, my skin starts to bubble and smoke. I get these little sores all over my exposed flesh and steam rises from my skin. AH! It only goes away when I finally give in and retreat to the shadows. Sometimes I add little effects like hissing or screaming in agony. And once, only once mind you, I latched onto a random pass-byer screaming, "I WILL TAKE AT LEAST ONE OF YOU HUMANS WITH ME! CURSE YOU SUN! CURSE YOOOOOOOOU!"

Whats worse is the fact that my house has only two ceiling fans that circulate the hot air around more than they do anything else. The majority of the time, you'll find me walking around the house in my underwear and a rolled up tank top (at least you would if I left any of the blinds open, but I keep them all tightly closed).

While Lover does enjoy seeing me half naked more than 70 percent of the time and all the blinds closed from peeping eyes(what guy wouldn't?), he enjoys even more bringing me out into the sun and trying to tell me that I won't catch on fire. "Don't worry, My Sweet," he tells me. "I won't let anything bad happen to you. Just try it. You need a little pigment in your skin... it'll make it all better."

I always win that battle. I just make a sad face, lay on the ground and tell him to just go ahead and throw a match on me. "If I must die in the Flames of Fiery Doom, I would much more prefer if it was done by you... my love."

I hate the sun.

No comments: