Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday is Birthday Day!!

Okay, so Lover's birthday was actually the sixth, but he was out of town both yesterday and today so I didn't get to have him. So, after some quick planning and rescheduling on my part I have arranged for next Sunday to be his birthday day all day long. From nine in the morning til nine or ten at night. I have it all planned out.

Granted, over the last month I have been showering him with an abundance of gifts, but I can't help myself; I absolutely love giving him things! I love the look he gives me when he realizes I've spent money followed quickly by the look of utter delight at something silly or stupid I had fanciful wrapped up. It's like a gift all in itself (oh, how cliché.)

About a month before his actual birthday, I surprised him by lighting a sea of candles in the bedroom, putting the stain sheets on, spending a fortune on a sexy lingerie piece and slipping into a pair of his favorite stockings and silk robe (he has a high heel and stocking fetish, but I was hesitant to snag the sheets, so I vetoed the high heel idea). That was birthday gift number one.

Two weeks later I bought him a nice shirt, and though I didn't think of it as a birthday gift, he did so that counts as number two. On Labor day I was up until one in the morning painstakingly making him a lovely little home made delight and wrapping up a stamp my grandmother got him with his name on it. Gifts three and four he opened early, adding to the list of things he had gotten for his birthday before the actual date.

I couldn't get him a gift the day of or the day after his day of birth, so I opted for:
  • His favorite breakfast
  • Something naughty
  • His favorite lunch
  • Lots more naughty stuff
  • A few movies of his choosing
  • Though not planned, something naughty (we are a very sensual couple)
  • An expensive dinner at a highly respected establishment that will cost an arm and a leg

As you are reading this, you may be thinking that I am a silly woman who spends much too much time into my lover's birthday and to this I must say that you are wrong. I agree that it all does sound a bit romantic in the most disgusting way, and I have indeed showered him with more gifts than most people get in many years worth of birthdays, but I have valid reasons.

First: If you knew the man, you wouldn't be able to resist swooning over him at all possible moments either. Not only he is easily the sweetest, most caring individual on Earth, but he has such a low self-esteem that anytime a special day comes around (e.g. birthday, Christmas, valentines day, etc.) he insists to everyone that he doesn't deserve anything. It makes me want to prove to him what a fantastic person he is by drowning him in love, affection and things.

Second: Nearly everyday I receive a gift from him, whether it's something he bought or a giant bouquet the neighborhood contributed to. And any time I raise a fuss about how much he is spending on me, or how much he is spoiling me, he simply kisses me and tells me that I'm worth it (which I'm not mind you). So, his birthday is MY day to spoil him rotten like you can't believe. And anytime he raises a fuss (which is more than you think), I simply kiss him and tell him he's worth it.

Third: I love him and sometimes a good way to prove your love is through meaningful, material items. Not always, just some times, on some occasions. Like birthdays!

2 comments:

lèche-vitrines said...

I loved this post, it made me smile because (as soppy as it sounds) even as someone that doesn't know you in any way, you sounded so happy and content!

Best wishes, I enjoyed reading. It brightened my Saturday.

x

lèche-vitrines said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday to your Lover! (: