Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Misery: Day Three (Sledding!)

Today I went sledding with a few friends, something I haven't done in years. I thought that, despite the weather man, the thermometer and my basic instinct, that it would be warm enough to have fun. So even though I dressed in layers (long johns under my pants and two coats), it was not enough to fight back the extreme cold that is the winter weather.

While everyone else was having a good time and sledding away, I was only having while I was in motion. If I stood still for too long I lost feeling in my toes and fingers and before long my face was numb. But, being a good sport, I stayed for an hour before I finally gave up and headed home. As I type this, my fingers are still thawing out and I can just begin to wiggle my toes.

Last night I texted (lame) Lover for about half and hour before he headed off to bed (three hour time difference) and hearing from him tonight will hopefully speed the day up. It's day three and though I still miss him sorely it is getting a little better. Not a lot. Just a little. Maybe by the one week mark (in four days) it will be better. Maybe. I sure hope so.

On the job front, I just called and I should be called in for an interview soon and I am praying to God that I get it. Wish me luck!

No comments: