Saturday, December 20, 2008

Books, books, books.

I request a task from all:

I need the names of authors and their best books so I can read them. I just recently extinguished both the public library and the school's library of any books I could think of, so now I need some outside help.

And please, good books. I have the kind of book curse where even if it sucks, I will read it all the way through. So, the better the book the more grateful I will be.

Any kind of book; I read them all. I mean that too. I will read any book in front of me.

Also, if you could, more than one? I can read a good sized novel in a day.

Thanks all, very much!

In return, I could offer up some good books.

For example: Anything by Joyce Carol Oats is mind blowing. I especially recommend The Female of the Species, Beasts and Black Girl/White Girl.

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. Don't let the title fool you; it is a beautiful book with a wonderful meaning. If you can see past all the metaphors and understand what the book is telling you, as a human you will feel like a piece of shit (I know I did, but piece of shit in a good way).

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

More on request! Much love.

1 comment:

Lily W said...

A long eclectic lost with a few of my favorites:
-Sister Carrie, Theodore Dreiser.
-Of Human Bondage, William Somerset Maugham
-The Moonstone and The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins
-Arthur Phillips, Prague (do not get his second book about the egyptologist as it is complete crap)
-The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz.
-Captain Pantoja / and Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter / from Mario Vargas Llosa.
-Custom of the country / House of Mirth, Edith Warton
-Midnight Children, Salman Rushdie
-The Hearts and Lives of Men, Fay Weldon